Welcome to our class blog!
For my first post, I’d like to continue our conversation about generating your business ideas. Below are some tips and additional resources to get your ideas flowing.
Here are 10 tips I’ve gathered to help you brainstorm:
- Have a place to write down your ideas. A journal works well for this. Keep it with you when you’re out so you always have a place to jot down your thoughts and ideas. Nothings worse than coming up with something great and then forgetting what it was because you didn’t write it down.
- Take a look at your hobbies, interests, and passions. Lots of people are able to come up with business ideas from the things they already love doing.
- Get out into your community. You know what you might come across observing other people interreacting with each other and the world.
- Be observant. You never know when an idea could be just around the corner or right in front of your face.
- Take a look at existing products. Is there something that bugs you about it? Can you make it better?
- Examine separate existing products and look at the possibility of combining products to create something new and improved.
- Allow yourself to imagine something completely new and different. It’s okay to be original.
- Talk it out. You can use your friends and family as resources. Getting feedback on your ideas can help to generate a more solid idea.
- Change your routine or setting. Somethings this can help you to generate ideas.
- Learn or read about something new.
Here are a few additional resources: